The Meandering Thoughts of Cheryl

This is about my life. My thoughts, my delusions, and my aspirations...

Name:
Location: Canada

Sunday, September 25, 2005

President's Installation Concert

Well thankfully Lily's boyfriend is in one of U of A's choirs and knew of the free concert tonight. The concert was to welcome the new female president to the school and to honor the Nunavut singer Susan Aglukark. I met the president of U of A at grad orientation. She is extremely bright, and kind. She is an eloquent speaker and has a lot of poise. The concert tonight was held at the Jubilee Theatre and was free! Yeah! Lily and I went and enjoyed the night rubbing elbows... lol Well not really. It was quite a swanky event. Well I guess others thought that. The entertainment wasn't bad, but it didn't mean one should wear a tuxedo like many did. Definietely a different feel here. I laughed when I heard the conversations surrounding Lily and I. Behind us we heard people eahc other that they were doctors, or they worked for the vice-president of the university..ooo Good they have a job. I don't know, there was a certain je ne sais quoi. A certain air about some of them. I laughed and said in the Maritimes our conversation may have been "How's it goin'? Who do you know in the concert? Are you going to Timmies afterwards?" I've been to many occassions such as this, but never felt so much snobbery. Oh well...I didn't feel out of place. The concert was free and we enjoyed ourselves. I was very impressed with the singer Susan Aglukark. She was very honest and cute. A great singer who is a role model for so many northern Canadians... She offers them hope.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home