The Meandering Thoughts of Cheryl

This is about my life. My thoughts, my delusions, and my aspirations...

Name:
Location: Canada

Friday, September 02, 2005

Party of the Century!

Last night Lily, Michaeal and I took the LRT (Light Rail Transit) to the Alberta Legislature. I enjoyed being amongst the very proud Albertans. They celebrated their 100th birthday in style. I wrote my name in a time capsule that will be opened 100 years from now. Some Oiler's hockey players were signing autographs. I decided the line wasn't worth my time, even though it was only 10 mins long. I'm a dedicated Leafs fan! For the rest of the night we watched live music and a big video screen that featured the other concerts going on in Alberta. Kurt Browning hosted the show from where we were. I believe the party was being broadcasted across Canada. We saw some great eprformances, such as Bicholage (spelled wrong?) and a Canadian-born, Las Vegas singer who I guess was extremely popular in the 1960's. In Bicholage the drummer ressembled Ben Stiller! He was fun to watch, a crazy guy! The most moving performance was not even live at the Legislature. It was instead at the U of A, but you had to pay to get tickets. I never really like KD Lane all that much, but last night I finally began to appreciate her talent. She sang "Hallelujah" so emotionally, it made the hairs on the back of my neck stand on end. Amazing performances. Tom Jackson sang well also. At about 8pm it started raining, but that didn't squash our cowboy spirits! At 9:55pm Ralph Klein pressed the button to set off fireworks simultaneously in 10 locations across Alberta. They were stunning! The night was just perfect! Yeah Alberta! Part hardy you're only 100 once! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home