The Meandering Thoughts of Cheryl

This is about my life. My thoughts, my delusions, and my aspirations...

Name:
Location: Canada

Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Cal-garrrr-eeee (garr is held for at least 2 sec, best with a drawl)

I decided the title was appropriately spelled considering that's how a lot of the locals pronounce their city. Calgary wasn't too bad. Didn't see much considering I was working on my paper. Alas, the paper. Yawn... It's an interesting paper, but yet I'm getting bored of it. Fall break is quickly approaching. My break is only one day-Friday. Sigh.. It's different being a grad student- you hardly get time off.

This weekend I am again off to Calgary to hopefully see the city this time. I'm takign the Greyhound. It's about a 3 1/2 hour trip, but it goes really fast! I guess I'm used to wasting my time on buses due to last year's comute. The bus driver puts on two movies and this also helps to apss the time. Last weekend's bus trip was great. A Cape Bretoner (from of course Fort McMurray) sat beside me. Keith was a biker, going to ride his Harley one last time. His bike was being housed in Calgary. We talked the whole time. He scared at me at one point, telling me that Stephen Hawkings had died a year and 1/2 ago. I didn't beleive him, but he was insistent. I'm always reading the news so I couldn't see how such an event would get by me. It wasn't true. I think he mixed him up with Christopher Reeves. Anyway on my way home I met a nice woman from Saskatchewan. I love meeting people. The bus is the way to go!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home