The Meandering Thoughts of Cheryl

This is about my life. My thoughts, my delusions, and my aspirations...

Name:
Location: Canada

Monday, October 31, 2005

Reason #99 Why I Won't be a Doctor

Well, today I took a carpal tunnel patient down to surgery. It's a simple procedure, taking about 20 minutes. She already had the surgery done on her other hand a month ago. She wanted me to go in and watch. I thought it would be really cool to see how it's done, but... So there were 5 of us in the small room-the nurse, doctor, student doctor, patient and me. I watched as he cut her wrist open... He was showing the student doctor and me what we were looking at. Now I have never seen a surgery before. It was neat... Although it was cool I started feeling light headed. I took a seat and turned my head away and started talking to the patient. The nurse saw that I was pale and asked if I was ok. Of course I didn't want to cause a stir. I said I was fine and just would sit down. She was scared I was going to faint. I put my head between my knees and had some water. I can't believe I am still queasy around things like this.

I remember in primary my class went to a hospital and the nurses were doing a demonstration. They used a tissue and a red marker, saying the red represented blood. I started coughing and had to leave the room to get water. I knew at the age of 5 that I wouldn't be able to work with blood, needles,... Lol I knew that 19 years ago.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home