The Meandering Thoughts of Cheryl

This is about my life. My thoughts, my delusions, and my aspirations...

Name:
Location: Canada

Monday, October 10, 2005

Happy Turkey Day!

Gobble gobble... Yummy turkey. Wait... I wouldn't say that. Umm caught up in the moment. I am a turkey. Hey, what does a space turkey say?
Hubble hubble. heheh I remember a couple of Thanksgivings ago saying that on the radio at Bishop's. Oh, the good old days...

Well today (Monday) was pretty boring, filled with work..., but yesterday is when I celebrated the holiday. Meghan (a friend from high school) has a new roommate named Eric, who has a friend Dax (in the same Master's programme as him). Dax invited us all over for supper. The house was enormous. There were 15 of us seated around a huge table. Everyone had made something from scratch. I, on the other hand, brought some canned veggies. lol. No time to make something when studying; plus I can't cook. I was too embarrased to bring the canned goods out, instead I helped in the kitchen.

Anyway after we got to know everyone we went and played frisbee. It was great! A little boy named Destiny joined us and said he would rather us play sandbox tag. Ummm So he explained it. Kindda weird. Didn't really make sense. So it's playground tag, and one can go on the ground (the "sand")
or someone can call "sandbox" and you're auotmatically "it". Silly because all of us students are too big for the playground and if the "it" person sees someone they can tag them with no problem. There's no where to run to. Later on I realised that there was a slide and teeter-totter beside this playground. Some of us ran there and I hid on the slide. The boys teeter-tottered (I love that word) and beat the game. The "it" person came over and tagged them. When the person began to run away they just yelled "sandbox". The boyz became invinsible. lol Anyway it was fun to play on the playground. Never thought this is what I would do while meeting Master's students. ummm...

1 Comments:

Blogger shiney teeth and me said...

hey there cheryl!!

happy belated turkey day--its been a while... american one should come soon--lol--havent talked to you in forever--hope they arent working you too hard :-)

hugs galore!!

6:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home