The Meandering Thoughts of Cheryl

This is about my life. My thoughts, my delusions, and my aspirations...

Name:
Location: Canada

Monday, August 15, 2005

Nova Scotia, My Home

Well I'm here in PEI and am bored. So I decided to write a informative blog on my beautiful province. No not British Columbia (although it is beautiful), no not Prince Edward Island, no not Alberta (I don't even know it yet) and no not Quebec, mais je me souviens Quebec; my home is Nova Scotia.

Although I no longer live in Nova Scotia I still feel that's where I am from. I had a great upbringing there. This summer I was fortunate to spend three weeks in the Martimes. I had a chance to see the Buskers on the Halifax waterfront for the first time in over 10 years!

Here is some info. I picked up about NS:
"Nova Scotia (meaning 'New Scotland'), often referred to as "Canada's Ocean Playground", is almost entirely surrounded by water. Agriculture, forestry, fishing, mining and oturism are the main industries of this province. The osprey is the provincial bird, the mayflower is the provincial flowerand agate is well known as the provinical mineral.

The Nova Scotia Tartan represents the flag of the province, which dates back to the Charter of New Scotland in 1621. The colors of the Nova Scotia Tartan are... Blue for the sky, sea and lakes, green for the trees, white for the rocks and surf of the coastline, gold represents the Royal Charter, red for the Scottish Lion on the shield of the provincial crest and flag. Nova Scotia has the proud distinction of being the only Province of Canada, and the first colony of Great Britain to possess (through Royal Charter) its own flag."

I recommend everyone to visit sometime in their lives.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home