The Meandering Thoughts of Cheryl

This is about my life. My thoughts, my delusions, and my aspirations...

Name:
Location: Canada

Monday, July 11, 2005

Friday Night/ Saturday Morning Girl

Friday I was busy running errands all day. I started packing a bit. The days are going by so quickly. Melissa and I were picked up by Sarah (my supervisor) and driven to downtown Vancouver for supper with my work colleagues. We were going to an Iranian resturant because one of my co-workers is Iranian and he wanted us to learn a bit about his culture. The restaurant manager phoned Sarah's cell and said she was only holding the table for 15 more mins. It was 7:30pm and we were supposed to be there at 7pm. Surprisingly, no one (out of our party of 16) was there yet. We then got a phone call from a co-worker saying there were no reservations. He had already ordered a beer and was waiting for us. He was at the wrong resturant. Lol Everyone went to the wrong restaurant except my Iranian friend. The address on the website was for the old address. We all finally sat down about an hour-and-a-half later than expected. I tried eggplant for the first time. It's not so bad. I'm presuming it's pretty bland. I couldn't really tell with all the added spices. Yogurt is a big deal in Iranian dishes. They add spices to it and use it as a dip for almost anything. It was a good dinner. I was finally able to meet everyone's significant other. I brought Melissa (LOL). The new guy Kevin didn't have supper, but instead had three beers. He had to leave quickly and left without paying his bill. Whoops! The waitress scurried over and demanded that his bill be paid. We turned to our boss and said it must be on him. Someone paid for him in the end. :)

After dinner Melissa and I went off to Foggy & Dew (yep that's the name of the Irish pub) to meet up with her birthday friend. Our friend told us to look for the pink hotel beside the skytrain. He had forgotten that we were coming at night when all the buildings of course looked black. We finally found the direction and headed towards the pub. A taxi full of guys pulled up and asked for us to join them. Melissa rudely said "Not in your life time." :)

It was a great bar! Reminded me a bit of the Lion back in Lennoxville, but bigger and classier. There was a band that played oldies. It was a fabulous dance night. At one point (while I was dancing)a guy grabbed my arm. He was weird. One of those guys that just stare at us girls when we're dancing and think they can touch. I was exahusted around 10:30pm. lol Usually my bedtime is 9:30pm because I usually get up at 4:15am. Unfortunately we were getting a ride home so we had to wait. At 2pm the bar closed and I thought "thank goodness." However, then Denny's (the all-night breakfast diner) called to our friends. I had a milkshake at 2:30am. I was home in bed at 4:30am!

1 Comments:

Blogger Devin said...

are you one of those girls that dances for guys and then tells them they can't touch?

3:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home