The Meandering Thoughts of Cheryl

This is about my life. My thoughts, my delusions, and my aspirations...

Name:
Location: Canada

Sunday, June 26, 2005

Ahoy Victoria!!

So Melissa and I decided to go to Victoria. The day began with a 5am rise and shine,...onto the bus,...transfer buses... ,take the ferry...and finally take the double decker bus to Buchart Gardens! yes Buchart gardens. Everyone has raved about this place. We decided to take a gander and pay the $22 to see the beautiful flowers. We took lots of pictures and then hurried off to Victoria (the "big" city). I don't know if Buchart was completely worth the ticket, but it was an experience.

We got off the bus, had a pizza and wandered into a purse sale. hehehe... I don't usually like purse, but there was a fluorescent yellow one and I loved it. Melissa and I both bought one. For the rest of the trip we tried to match the purse colour with surrounding objects. We found a convertible that was bright yellow. As Melissa is crossing the street to get infront of the car for a picture the owner got in the car and just about drove away. However, I (being the experienced photographer...cough...cough) got a picture just in time of Melissa, the car, and her new purse.

We strolled down the street and met up with a guy in a baker outfit. I'm not sure if he was a baker. He smiled at us and said "My what beautiful woman. I'm so lucky to be paid for this." We laughed and continued on our journey.

Down on the waterfront were 6 or so tall ships. Yep the tall ships were in town and so was everyone else! Buskers were everywhere. We watched a busker and then visited Parliament. We arrived just in time for a free tour of parliament! Yeah! There Melissa met her boyfriend. Just kidding. There were two actors who interrupted our tour. They were hilarious. After the show was over one of them came over and asked if we were staying in the area very long... lol
On the tour I learned that Victoria's Parliament, and the famous hotel The Empress, plus another hotel in the area were conceived by a 25 year old. He won a contest (for the building plans) and spent a million dollars or so over budget. At one point he made a mistake in the colour of stone. Instead of admitting his mistake he said the stone was no good. He orderd it away-after it came all the way from Ireland!!! He was later murdered.

After Parliament we went to the Royal BC Museum. It was ok, but not as good as the Ottawa Museum of Civilization. I realised there that I was really burnt. Whoops! Forgot my suncreen.

Melissa and I were going to go on the early bus back to the ferry, but we decided that we would have plenty of time with the later bus. ummm... sort of... The bus came 10 mins late and was filled. We got on, but then got off. The bus driver said there was an express bus coming in 10 mins that will go straight to the ferry. We waited and I got worried. If we missed the 9pm ferry we were screwed. That was the last ferry. So the bus came 10 mins later and we got there in time. yeah! We arrived home at 12:30am. My neck acked and so i took a pain killer. I was out like a light. on-off. Anyway it was an enjoyable adventure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home