The Meandering Thoughts of Cheryl

This is about my life. My thoughts, my delusions, and my aspirations...

Name:
Location: Canada

Saturday, June 18, 2005

Smurf Along With Me...la...la...la...la...la...la

Well today started off with an episode of the "Smurfs." Usually the French version is on, but surprisingly it was in English. I used to watch the show every Saturday morning before bowling. lol... Those were the days. The smurfs now have a bad wrap. Communism? Why is the only adult female Smurfette? (Remember there was Sassy-a little female smurf). I still like the nostalgic feeling I get from watching the show again. I thought the tune was very catchy. la,la,la,la happy as can be... I think I have too much time on my hands...

After the "Smurfs" I watched the news. Some interesting news pieces were presented. Yesterday on Wall Street Ralph Klein and some people with cowboy hats rode on horses to promote the Calgary Stampede and ultimately Alberta. One businessman was asked what he thought. He replied that he knew Alberta was a Canadian company! The reporter corrected him "It's a province!" Man, dumb... In other news the Live 8 concert in Canada will not be in held in big T dot as expected, but rather in Barrie, Ontario. Needless to say the Toronto mayor was not impressed. Neither would I be. Barrie over Toronto... come on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home