The Meandering Thoughts of Cheryl

This is about my life. My thoughts, my delusions, and my aspirations...

Name:
Location: Canada

Monday, August 22, 2005

Alberta Finally!

Ok. No i didn't disappear off the planet. I just received my computer access code-finally the internet! I arrived in Alberta on Thursday. It was a long day indeed! My sister, dad and I left my sister's house at 6:30am and headed to the airport. I flew out of Halifax at 8:45am seated on a window seat. :) I sat next to a guy who just moved from Calgary to Halifax. He was going to see his wife (who was still living in Calgary), then drive to Washington (10 hours away) for a Dave Matthews Band concert. He was only going from Thursday until Tuesday. He was crazy! About 2 days flying, 2 days driving, 1 Dave Matthews concert (I guess) priceless... Lol

We landed in Calgary 40 mins late. Whenever I land in Calgary (well 2 times so far) I feel sick to my stomach my ears hurt so bad. Anyway...thankfully the airline held the connection flights for us. The flight to Edmonton was only 38 mins. A rude twenty-year-old sat infront of me. She forgot to turn her cell off, and as we're about to ascend she put her seat back all the way. I told her politely that for safety reasons the seat had to be in the upright position. She was not happy with me. 5 misn later she tilt her seat back again and put her hand up as to say "screw off." The rest of her row were inclined to do the same thing and all of them sat back. Moments later an elderly woman across the way took her seatbelt off and headed to the bathroom. The belt sign was still on! All we needed now was someone to light up a smoke. Geee. Some people I guess don't know how to fly.

I landed in Edmonton and took a taxi. Although I could have taken a cheap shuttle to my residence, it was raining and I had too much stuff. The Belgium taxi driver was very nice. He told me a bit about the city. I had to race into a hotel and pick up keys for my residence and apartment. My roommate was out of town until next week and her friend decided to leave the keys with the front desk. Suppsoedly I could buzz 100 and I would be able to get into the building, but that didn't work. I followed someone in and found the front desk. The guy was busy explaining something to a woman. My taxi was still running and I just wanted to get the keys and go. A woman came out and asked my problem. I said who iw as and that I ened to pick up keys. She couldn't understand why they would have the keys. What is the friend's last name? I had no clue. Does she live here? I don't know. I had to explain briefly my situation. She said she never heard of someone leaving keys like this. She said the receptionist would probably know where the keys were. I asked where the receptionist was. She said on lunch break. It was 2pm!Just I was at my witt's end she found the keys. Thank goodness! If she hadn't I wouldn't know what i would have done! I finally made it to my residence and took the suitcases up to the 12th floor. It was good to be home...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home