The Meandering Thoughts of Cheryl

This is about my life. My thoughts, my delusions, and my aspirations...

Name:
Location: Canada

Monday, June 06, 2005

La Belle Province

Nous (Devin et moi) sommes allés à Quebec le samedi dernière. Yes Quebec City was beautiful. We walked around Old Quebec. There were so many tourists! We then decided to take a tour of La Citadelle. It's really sad how little I know about history. I always thought the Citadelle was built by the French, but it wasn't. The English built it because they were afraid the Americans would retaliate. They never did. I guess the name "Citadelle" refers to the shape of the fortress. It is a star-shape. Ingeniously engineered so an intruder could be shot anywhere within its walls. I also learned that La Citadelle is on the Plains of Abraham. The only reason the Plains were named that was because there was a man by the name of Abraham who owned the land. Ummm Porter land, anyone? Finally, I discovered that Chateau Frontenac was never a castle. It has always been a hotel.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home