The Meandering Thoughts of Cheryl

This is about my life. My thoughts, my delusions, and my aspirations...

Name:
Location: Canada

Friday, June 03, 2005

BC Baby!

I've been in BC since September. Let's see if I can relate. I did vote in the provincial election. Surprisingly the Green party and probably the sex party and work-less party beat the Conservatives. lol

You Know You're From British Columbia When...
*You know the provincial flower (I have no clue)
*You consider that if it has no snow, it is not a real mountain. (very true)
*You can taste the difference between Starbucks, Blendz, and Tim Horton's. (Never though I would backstab Timmie's but steamed milk is so good and so are the molasses cookies!)
*You know how to pronounce Squamish, Osoyoos & Nanaimo. (Nope no clue)
*You can tell the difference between Japanese, Chinese, Vietnamese, Korean and Thai food. (Almost getting there. If only I wasn't so picky)
*In winter, you go to work in the dark and come home in the dark - while only working eight-hour days. (Yep even my 6-2am shift)
*You have no concept of humidity without precipitation. (It rains and rains...)
*You know that Dawson Creek is a town, not a TV show. (I guess that's up north)
*You can point to at least two ski mountains, even if you cannot see through the cloud cover. (Yep Cypress, Seymour...)
*You notice "the mountain is out" when it is a pretty day and you can actually see it. (beautiful)
*You put on your shorts when the temperature gets above 5, but still wear your hiking boots and parka.
*You switch to your sandals when it gets about 10, but keep the socks on. (umm socks no)
*You recognize the background shots in your favourite movies & TV shows. (Yep lots of movies filmed there. Maybe I'll be an extra).
*You buy new sunglasses every year, because you can't find the old ones after such a long time.
*You use a down comforter in the summer.
*The local hero is a pot-smoking snowboarder (true dat)
*The local wine doesn't taste like malt vinegar
*Your $400,000 Vancouver home is 5 hours from downtown (so expensive that's why I live in White Rock and commute 3 hours a day to work)
*You can throw a rock and hit three Starbucks locations (I go usually to the one in White Rock and the one on the corner of Broadway)
*You've been to a deforestation protest (not yet. that would be cool)
*If a cop pulls you over, just offer them some of your hash
*It's November, it's raining, but you're still wearing birkenstocks
*You go broke just paying rent (lol how can people afford anything?)
*You don't own a heavy winter coat (nope. I'll have to get one for Alberta. lol)
*You can't figure out why Manitoba is considered part of Western Canada. (good question. Who else wants them? Any Manitoba people prove me wrong!)
*You wouldn't be caught dead on Vancouver Island or Vancouver without your umbrella and plastic shoes.
*You actually get these jokes and pass them on to other friends from British Columbia. (umm a bit I guess I haven't been converted entirely). lol
http://www.blogthings.com/wherefrom.html

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home