The Meandering Thoughts of Cheryl

This is about my life. My thoughts, my delusions, and my aspirations...

Name:
Location: Canada

Monday, May 30, 2005

The Rubicon

I have reached the rubicon-the time to make decisions that will affect the rest of my life. This time last year I had just graduated from Bishop's. I was excited to finally enter the "real" world, and yet scared that I would fall flat on my face. I moved to PEI and spent the summer with my dad and his family. I worked at Cavendish COWS for the summer as a supervisor and enjoyed it. In mid-August a friend from Bishop's secured me a job interview with her boss. The company flew me to Toronto. I told all my family I may live in T dot. I arrived and knew the lifestyle was not for me. Sadly, I returned to tell my family I still didn't know what I was doing this year. That night I received an e-mail from my old roommate from Bishop's. She wondered how I made out because she possibly had a job lined up for me. The job was in British Columbia. I had a phone interview the next day and was told I had to decide ASAP for the job would be given away within 2 weeks. So I quit my job the next day and went to Nova Scotia to say goodbye to my family. I was lucky; my old roommate (Melissa) also had an extra room in her apartment. A job, a place to live, and a friend- it was too good to be true. Well a lot has happened this year, but those stories are to be told at another time. I work at UBC, commuting 3 hours per day from White Rock. I felteverything was worth it, explore Western Canada while paying off my student loans. It's funny to think that I went across Canada for a job. That was a good example of spontaneity. Well my year is almost up. Now I'm moving to Alberta for my Master's. I always thought Alberta was too far away from home, but after being in British Columbia it is no longer an issue. I never thought my life would flow like this, but hey I'm enjoying the ride so far. Lots of decisions must be made now. The two most important decisions in one's life (I believe) are what you're going to do everyday (job) and who you marry. I wish I was already 40 with kids, picket fence, etc... but then again the excitement of what comes next may be less then. Oh well, life is to be lived. I'm sure living it so far.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home