The Meandering Thoughts of Cheryl

This is about my life. My thoughts, my delusions, and my aspirations...

Name:
Location: Canada

Monday, May 30, 2005

Hiking in New Hampshire-The Land of No Man

So I'm tired today due to a busy weekend. Devin and I drove early Saturday morning to New Hamsphire to hike in the White Mountains. They were huge! It was my first time in the area, but not for Devin. He had hiked the mountains many times. For me hiking was fairly new! I didn't realise what I had gotten myself into! Well the day turned out to be beautiful day except when it poured a bit just as we were FINALLY reaching the top of Mount Fayette! It was all worth it in the end -even the sore legs! lol Coming down the mountian wasn't any easier. There was a lot of snow on the trail. (I'm not used to this white stuff having lived in British Columbia this past winter). :) I was never so happy to see the parking lot and just sit in the car.

After hiking it was time to find some fire wood. Devin was an experienced camper and I wasn't. He was in charge of the fire and logistics associated with it. Yes fire is more complicated than I thought. We arrived at the camp site (after hiking down the steep slope) just before dark. Plenty of time to get the fire going-so we thought. 3 hours later Devin and I were frustrated. His Boy Scotts' skills went out the door. We had no paper-well toilet paper, but that didn't help one bit. After night had fallen we gave up and retired for the day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home