The Meandering Thoughts of Cheryl

This is about my life. My thoughts, my delusions, and my aspirations...

Name:
Location: Canada

Monday, May 30, 2005

A Spontaneous Trip to Bos-Ton!

After camping in New Hamsphire, Devin and I spontaneously decided to continue driving south to Boston, Massachusetts! He had never been there, but I had a long time a go. The day was fabulous. We took in the sights and the sounds. We followed the water and the walking path throughout the city. It has quite a small town feel. My highlight of the day was visiting the monument for Bunker Hill. It is a tall building that commemorates those Americans who had fallen to the British on June 17, 1775. We were lucky enough to climb the many steps to the top and overlook the city.

The only real disappointment in Boston were the many disgusting bathrooms! Yuck!

Devin and I ended up in a downpour so we discovered the market in a hurry, but so did everyone else it appeared.

We decided to check out the subway system. To my surprise there was a Porter stop (my infamous last name)! Yep the stop following Harvard. We checked out Harvard and returned to see the movie "The Interpreter." One of Kidman's finest! Then it was back to Lennoxville, Quebec. Took about 5 hours with the fog. Yawn. It was an enjoyable weekend full of activities!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home