The Meandering Thoughts of Cheryl

This is about my life. My thoughts, my delusions, and my aspirations...

Name:
Location: Canada

Tuesday, May 31, 2005

From Threading the Needle

Here is an excerpt I found:
A man who was walking down a deserted beach, noticed a local native in the distance who was picking up soemthing, and tossing it into the water.
What's he doing? The man thought to himself.
When they were close enough, the man could see that the native was throwing starfish back into the water.
"If I don't throw these starfish back into the sea, they'll die on the beach," the native explained.
"But there must be thousands f starfish on this beach. You can't possibly get to all of them. There are simply too many. Can't you see that you cannot possibly make a difference?"
The local man smiled, bent down, and picked up another starfish, and as he threw it back into the ocean, he replied, " Made a difference to that one" :) -by Lowell Paxson

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Porter,
Nice stuff! I think this is a great idea to keep in touch with your friends far far away....like me (: Keep up the good work!

Jill

7:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey there cheryl!!!

stumbled on to your site :-) pretty cool!

yeah, that starfish story, we (my church) actually used that to start our "project starfish" where we raise money for the poor peoples in haiti... so far weve raised funds to build houses, bathrooms, and this year, we worked on getting this school to teach the people trade stuff (like knitting and etc so they can make some money that way)... its really neat... when the church first started, we didnt know how much of an impact it would make... but yeah, it does make a difference.
lol. wow, that was a long comment! :-P

laters

7:59 AM  
Blogger Hopeful said...

Hey guys! Thanks for the comments. Wow Audrey that's fantastic! I love hearing stories like that!

Good to hear from you Jill. :)

12:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home