The Meandering Thoughts of Cheryl

This is about my life. My thoughts, my delusions, and my aspirations...

Name:
Location: Canada

Friday, June 03, 2005

Trip Down Memory Lane

With it being a beautiful day in Lennoxville, QC. I decided to go for a walk to see what changes occurred to this small town over this past year. Here is what I found:
1) There is a new store! Wow! More selection! Not really.... The store is Korvette (a pen name for the dollar store). lol
2) Talking about the Dollar Store, where everything is really a twoonie or more, it's gone. Yep sad to say. I went to get stickers and to my dismay it was no longer.
3) Homestead is no longer. Now there is a florist store and apartments upstairs. Weird to hear music blaring at night from the top of the building.
4) The community centre finally has a walking path which leads to McDonald's and where the Dollar Store once was (sorry my mind is fixated on this. When I was student that's the only place I could afford to go).
5) There is no longer a cross-walk infront of Bishop's, but one up the street. I tired it out today and a school bus stopped!!! Man times have changed.
6) The infamous yellow house was torn down (where Todd once lived). Yep no more crazy parties.
7) The house beside the railroad tracks, with the pretty new shingles (which was just a facade) shows it's true colours once again. There was a fire over the weekend and it's in rough shape. Oh the memories of fires. Are Bishop students pyros?
8) There are now lovely benches with flowers (donated by the 1993 alumni) all around campus. Two actually are in the quad. Finally places to sit and enjoy the sun.
9) The Loft is no longer the place to drink beer and dance. It is designated as the cafeteria. It looks ok. Just has more tables and no alcohol.
10) Doolittles (the corner store) has expanded. Now the SRC has some space there for frosh supplies, etc...
Well the buildings haven't moved so that's a relief. I still can find my way around. The people haven't changed. The cross-walk guard remembers me. As well, I went to the Grec yesterday for poutine and the waitress remembers me.
Yep everything appears familiar even though there have been changes. I miss the good old times, but there are plenty to be had.
"Raise a toast to Bishop's University on the mighty Massawippi shore..."
P.S. A body was found in the St.Francis this past weekend. Ummm maybe East Vancouver is safer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home