The Meandering Thoughts of Cheryl

This is about my life. My thoughts, my delusions, and my aspirations...

Name:
Location: Canada

Monday, February 06, 2006

Glenrose What a Place!

Every Monday I go to the Glenrose Rehabilitation Hospital to see patients with my prof. You never know what kind of day it will be. :) Last week the secretary found a bullet in the hallway and had to report it to security. The same day there was a patient in the waiting room who was high. Interesting day. Also the same Monday a 87 year old gentleman flirted with me as I conducted hand function tests. I told him that the next test would be fun and he replied "Why? Are we going to turn the lights off and shut the door?" He asked me if I was married. Haha Man whatz with guys asking me that?

Today I was asked the same question. I had just missed my bus and so decided to take another one and try out the LRT. Well, I ran down to catch the train and this guy and I both tried to open the doors, but the button didn't work. Alas...We started talking (of course I talk too much to strangers) and waited for the next train. He asked if I was on the phone. I was confused, and said "no". His English wasn't that great; he was from Nigeria. I guess he meant if he could have my number because he then said that he to meet me again on the LRT. Man... 3 times so far this month I have been asked if I was married. Funny thing is that I wear a ring that my Mom gave me. It is nice, but it is on my right hand. Guys who can't figure out that I'm not married aren't that bright and so aren't my type (wink wink)...My new logo :)

Today I saw wonderful, funny patients. My prof brought me in to see one gentleman who used to live in Greenwood, NS. He was so sweet. We talked and talked while my prof saw another patient. At one point he turned to me and said "Do you like what you are doing? I worked for 20 years at a job I hated, and when I finally retired I lived." At that moment I realised that I did enjoy what I was doing. Elderly people are very inspirational. It was a pleasure to meet him.

Today, I also met a patient who said he liked fishing. My prof replied that I should be an expert because I was from NS. I laughed and said that I've never been fishing. Kindda strange...Ummm I should get on that. :) Anyway, he then said his fishing buddy was the richest person in his town and that he was from China. He turned to my prof, who is chinese, and said "Do you know him?" My prof and I chuckled. "Surprisingly", he did not. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home