The Meandering Thoughts of Cheryl

This is about my life. My thoughts, my delusions, and my aspirations...

Name:
Location: Canada

Saturday, December 03, 2005

Pretty Duckling Stage

I have a space between my teeth. I always thought it was cool when I was younger because I could hold a straw there. lol I never minded it. I think it's terrible that this website calls it the "ugly duckling stage:"
http://www.doctorspiller.com/Children's%20Dentistry.htm#adult%20eruption%20schedule
I quote, "This stage of development needs special comment because so many parents mistake it for an orthodontic problem. It's called the "ugly duckling" stage when there is a space between the top central incisors. This is the norm between ages 7 through 12 years of age, and usually is not connected with a permanent space between the teeth." I can't think of me without my space. I guess my genetics are mixed up in this case too. The "problem" of the space is supposed to be filled in by age 14.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home